Num esforço para reduzir o deficit de quase USD 800 milhões no seu orçamento, a MTA (empresa responsável pelo transporte público de NY) implementou a partir de 27 de junho de 2010 uma série de mudanças nas linhas de metro e ônibus. A principal delas foi a eliminação dos trens V e W. Não existe mais o serviço expresso da linha N e foi criada a nova linha M. Abaixo, as mudanças em detalhes.
MTA Subway Route Changes in Manhattan
This Map includes all of the changes taking effect on June 27th, 2010:
- G service is eliminated between Forest Hills-71 Av/Continental Av, Queens and Long Island City-Court Sq, Queens.
- M2 service is eliminated between Lower East Side-Essex St/Delancey St, Manhattan and Bensonhurst-Bay Parkway, Brooklyn.
- M new service is extended between Lower East Side-Essex St/Delancey St, Manhattan and Forest Hills-71 Av/Continental Av, Queens on weekdays. All other times, Mtrains will run between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av, Queens and Myrtle Av-Broadway, Brooklyn.
- N express service in Manhattan is eliminated. All N service will run via Broadway Local north of Canal St at all times except late nights. Late Night N service via the R line will continue.
- Q service is extended to Ditmars Blvd-Astoria, Queens to replace the Wand stopping at 49 St on weekdays only. All other times, Qtrains will skip 49 St and terminate at Midtown-57 St/7 Av, Manhattan
- V service is eliminated and is replaced by the new Mtrain.
- W service is eliminated and is replaced by the extended Qtrain.
Map also includes the station reconstruction service changes:
All 6 trains will bypass Whitlock Av and Morrison-Soundview Avs station due to station rehabilitation.
Far Rockaway-bound A trains skip Beach 60 St and Beach 36 St due to station rehabilitation.
Rockaway Park-bound A S trains skip Beach 90 St due to station rehabilitation.
All B trains run local in Brooklyn between Prospect Park and Sheepshead Bay due to station rehabilitation.
B Q trains:
-Manhattan-bound B Q trains skip Neck Rd and Avenue U.
-Brighton Beach-bound B and Coney Island-bound Q trains skip Avenue H and Avenue M.
Both for station rehabilitation.
MTA Bus Route Changes in Manhattan
M18, M27, M30, B39 and B51: all service will be discontinued
M8, M21 and M50: weekend service will be discontinued.
M1, M8, M16, M22, M50 and M66: overnight service will be discontinued.
M11, M20, M21, M22, M98, M100 and M116: late night service will end earlier and/or early morning service will begin later.
M6 service will be discontinued with alternate service provided partially by the rerouted M5.
M10 service south of Columbus Circle will be discontinued.
M42 service will no longer operate to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
M98 service south of 65 St will be discontinued; service will no longer stop inside the George Washington Bridge bus station.
M104 service on 42 St will be discontinued.
M5 service will be extended south to South Ferry via 5 Av/Broadway southbound and Church St/6 Av northbound to replace discontinued M6 and M1 service south of 8 St.
M3 service will be rerouted from 9 St and University Place to 4 Av between 9 St and 14 St.
M1 service will be rerouted on weekdays to follow the M2 in both directions north of 8 St (5th/Madison/Park Avs)
M1 service will be discontinued on weekends south of 106 St.
M9 service will be rerouted from Avenue B to Avenue C to replace M21 and will terminate at the VA Hospital at East 23 St (Peter Cooper Village and Stuyvesant Town).
M9 service will be discontinued along Water St and in Battery Park City and will be extended along Park Row to City Hall replacing the M15.
M15 service to City Hall via Park Row will be discontinued replaced by the M9
M21 service will be discontinued north of Houston St (along Avenue C) and extended along Houston St and the FDR Drive to Grand St (M21 service will not run on the weekends)
M20 service will be extended to South Ferry replacing a portion of the M9